Monday 9 February 2015

Favourite Makeup picks

Hi Everyone!

Long time no post! After taking a while out of blogging as I've been majorly busy with life adventures, i'm beyond excited to have the time to post again and get back into the fabulous world of blogging!

All my posts have been fashion based so there isn't a better way to start my first post of 2015 then by mixing it up a little and introducing you to the magical world of my makeup bag! I've picked a few basic products that I've been really loving and I've tried to cover my favourite items for all over the face.

Anyway enough of the chit chat, just wanted to say a quick hello and here we go! (goodness, i just cringed at that sentence. I'm keeping it anyway!)


Starting off with eyeshadow i've picked the infamous Naked 3 palette as my eyeshadow staple. (Click here for product)

I absolutely love the shades in this palette however it probably isn't as versatile in terms of the variety of looks you can achieve in comparison to the Naked 1 and the Naked 2 Palette because a lot of the shades are pink based colours.







However if you're like me and are an absolute sucker for pinky toned colours then this honestly is perfect!

There are also a few brown shades too that are a god send for blending but the pretty pink hues really made me love this product and that is why i decided to feature this over the Naked 1 and the Naked 2 palette.

Carrying on with the eyes, we move on to everyones favourite mascara. Of course i had to pick the Benefits "They're Real" mascara. (Click here for product)

This is perfect for a natural lash look that doesn't clump and gives a lot of length to your lashes.

I wouldn't particularly say this product gives a dramatic look however. I've also found the mascara itself drys out quite fast but thats probably because I'm a massive cheap skate that loves to try and make products last as long as humanly possible!


For a more dramatic look, i've picked Urban Decays "Perversion" (Click here for product) and "Subversion" (Click here for product) mascara duo. The subversion product is essentially a typical mascara base that preps your lashes and turns them white before you add the main mascara.

I do find however that the perversion mascara just isn't as impressive without the Subversion prep underneath and this is definitely the best duo to get your lashes looking absolutely beautiful!


Moving on to concealer I am in absolute love with the Benefit "Perk up Artist" concealer trio! the best thing about this is it was only £11 in the sale which just makes my heart happy. ( I've checked and it's no longer on sale which absolutely sucks please don't hate me!)


Essentially it's a three step procedure to the best conceal of your life. You've got a yellow toned corrector, a salmon toned cover and then a pink brightener. It also comes with the most handiest mirror and an applicator brush that i use to apply and spread the product.

I love using the brightener under the eyebrows as it makes for the perfect highlighter. Even though the price has gone back up to £23.50 (click here for product), i wouldn't hesitate to pay full price when this one ends!

For contouring i absolutely love Benefits "Hoola" bronzer (Click here for product) This is one of Benefits most raved about products and it honestly is such a perfect contour colour. It isn't too dark which is perfect considering as i may as well double as casper the friendly ghost, especially throughout the winter time!

The bronzer comes with a brush which i don't tend to use. I contour with a Mac 109 small contour brush to get a more precise and build-able application, but its nice to know i have the option if i ever feel adventurous enough to try the benefit brush!

To save this post getting too long and boring, i'm going to split it into two and show you some more products in my next post! Let me know what some of your favourite products are and if you've tried any of my favourites above!

Thanks for reading guys, it certainly feels good to be back!








No comments:

Post a Comment